CET6 TEM8 GRE
来自拉丁语oraculum,神的指示，神谕，来自orare,祈祷，祷告，词源同orator.-culum,工具格后缀。词义甲骨文缩写自oracle bone script.
- oracle: see orator
- oracle (n.)
- late 14c., "a message from a god, expressed by divine inspiration," from Old French oracle "temple, house of prayer; oracle" (12c.) and directly from Latin oraculum "divine announcement, oracle; place where oracles are given," from orare "pray, plead" (see orator), with material instrumental suffix -culo-. In antiquity, "the agency or medium of a god," also "the place where such divine utterances were given." This sense is attested in English from c. 1400.
- 1. They consulted the oracle at Delphi.
- 2. In times of difficulty, she pray for an oracle to guide her.
- 在困难的时候, 她祈祷神谕来指引她.
- 3. Soft ware platform is UNIX operation system and ORACLE data base.
- 4. Bitmap indexes are integrated with the Oracle optimizer and execution engine.
- 5. Oracle and Microsoft were both born in difficult economic times.
[ oracle 造句 ]