一种印度香料植物根，可能来自法语 terre merite,借自拉丁语 terra merita,有价值的土，来自 terra,泥土，词源同 terrain,merita,价值，词源同 merit.比喻用法。
- turmeric (n.)
- pungent powder made from the root of an East Indian plant, 1530s, altered from Middle English turmeryte (early 15c.), of uncertain origin, perhaps from Middle French terremérite "saffron," from Medieval Latin terra merita, literally "worthy earth," though the reason why it would be called this is obscure. Klein suggests it might be a folk-etymology corruption of Arabic kurkum "curcuma, saffron."
- 1. Black Pepper, Ginger, Turmeric, Cumin Seed, Caraway Seed, Nutmeg, Cassia.
- 采购产品黑色的胡椒粉, 姜, 郁金,时萝种子, 葛缕子种子, 肉豆寇, 决明.
- 2. Dyeing experiments were conducted on real silk fabric with vegetable dye turmeric.
- 3. Turmeric is mildly aromatic and has scents of orange or ginger.
- 4. Turmeric and sweet basil are commonly used Ayurvedic herbs.
- 5. Turmeric: The'superstar of spices,'it has anti - inflammatory and anti - cancer properties. "
- 黄姜: 是“香料中的超级明星 ”, 有 抗 炎症和抗癌成分.
[ turmeric 造句 ]