1. from dulled, past participle of dull, ending perhaps patterned on tantrum.
2. dull => dulled => dold- => doldrum => doldrums.
3. dull => dolt => doldrums.
来自dull, 呆滞的，阴暗的，-drum, 拼写可能是模仿tantrum.
- doldrums (n.)
- 1811, from dulled, past participle of dullen, from Old English dol "foolish, dull," ending perhaps patterned on tantrum.
- 1. The economy is in the doldrums.
- 2. He's been in the doldrums ever since she left him.
- 3. The industry remains in the doldrums, according to official figures out today.
- 4. August is a time of doldrums for many enterprises.
- 5. He's been in the doldrums ever since she left him.
[ doldrums 造句 ]