英 [ɪk'skluːd; ek-]
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
ex-, 向外。-clud, 关闭，词源同close, conclude.
- exclude: see sluice
- exclude (v.)
- mid-14c., from Latin excludere "keep out, shut out, hinder," from ex- "out" (see ex-) + claudere "to close, shut" (see close (v.)). Related: Excluded; excluding.
- 1. The first task was to fence the wood to exclude sheep.
- 2. She gets very upset if I exclude her from anything.
- 3. Further examination is needed to exclude the chance of disease.
- 4. We can exclude the possibility of total loss from our calculations.
- 5. The university had no right to exclude the student from the examination.
[ exclude 造句 ]