英 [ɪk'spænd; ek-]
- vt. 扩张；使膨胀；详述
- vi. 发展；张开，展开
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. 向外胖的 => 膨胀.
ex-, 向外。-pand, 展开，词源同pace, feather.
- expand: see spawn
- expand (v)
- early 15c., "spread out, open out, spread flat, extend widely;" also transitive, "cause to grow larger;" from Anglo-French espaundre, Old French espandre "spread, spread out, be spilled," and directly from Latin expandere "to spread out, unfold, expand," from ex- "out" (see ex-) + pandere "to spread, stretch" (see pace (n.)). Related: Expanded; expanding.
- 1. The ultimate aim is to expand the network further.
- 2. Health officials are proposing to expand their services by organising counselling.
- 3. I owned a bookshop and desired to expand the business.
- 4. Metals expand when they are heated.
- 5. Plans to expand the company have had to be quietly shelved.
[ expand 造句 ]