CET6 IELTS GRE TOEFL
1. over- "above" + see. “站得高看得远”。对比：oversee <=> overlook.
2. over- "above, beyond" + see. => The notion is perhaps "to see beyond the intended range of the thing". 该含义也许是由overhear类推而得。对比：oversee <=> overhear.
- oversee (v.)
- Old English oferseon "to look down upon, keep watch over, survey, observe;" see over + see (v.). Meaning "to supervise" is attested from mid-15c. The verb lacks the double sense of similar overlook, but this emerges in the noun form oversight. Related: Oversaw; overseen.
- 1. Judge Stacks was appointed to oversee the disposition of funds.
- 2. Call in an architect or surveyor to oversee the work.
- 3. He has vowed to oversee the elections impartially.
- 4. He happened to oversee the burglar leaving the premises.
- 5. Use a surveyor or architect to oversee and inspect the different stages of the work.
[ oversee 造句 ]