- vi. 喘息；呼哧呼哧地响
- vt. 喘息着说；喘息地发出
- n. 喘息；喘气声
1. hiss <==> wheeze, whiz, whistle.
2. 同源、相近、拟声相近的单词：wheeze, whiz, whistle.
3. wh-开头的这类同源拟声词：whine, whinny; wheeze, whiz, whistle.
- wheeze (v.)
- mid-15c., probably from a Scandinavian source such as Old Norse hvoesa "to hiss," Danish hvæse cognate with Old English hwæst "act of blowing," hwosan "to cough," from an imitative root. Related: Wheezed; wheezing. The noun is first recorded 1834.
- 1. He came up with what seemed like a clever wheeze.
- 2. The old man managed to wheeze out a few words.
- 3. He has a slight wheeze in his chest.
- 4. He was awakened once from a faint by a wheeze close in his ear.
来自英汉文学 - 热爱生命
- 5. Now that wheeze is over, Asia will suffer too.
- 既然这种策略失效了, 那么亚洲也将遭受损失.
[ wheeze 造句 ]