- post-partum (adj.)
- also postpartum, 1837, "occurring after birth," from Latin post partum "after birth," from post "after" (see post-) + accusative of partus "a bearing, a bringing forth," from partus, past participle of parere "to bring forth" (see pare). Phrase Post-partum depression first attested 1929.
- 1. We post up a set of rules for the house.
- 2. He flipped through the post without opening any of it.
- 3. Now look yonder, just beyond the wooden post there.
- 4. He really was one of the finest boxers in post-war Britain.
- 5. The pilot wisely decided to return to Farnborough post haste.
[ post-partum 造句 ]