CET6+ TEM4 IELTS TOEFL
来自拉丁语fides, 相信，信仰，词源同faith. 引申词义忠诚。
- fidelity: see faith
- fidelity (n.)
- early 15c., "faithfulness, devotion," from Middle French fidélité (15c.), from Latin fidelitatem (nominative fidelitas) "faithfulness, adherence, trustiness," from fidelis "faithful, true, trusty, sincere," from fides "faith" (see faith). From 1530s as "faithful adherence to truth or reality;" specifically of sound reproduction from 1878.
- 1. Wanting fidelity implies you're thinking about a major relationship.
- 2. He believed in marital fidelity.
- 3. He appreciated his discretion and his fidelity.
- 4. fidelity to your principles
- 5. There is nothing like a dog's fidelity.
[ fidelity 造句 ]