- n. 帷幔，挂布；窗帘上部的短幔
- n. (Valance)人名；(法)瓦朗斯
- valance (n.)
- piece of hanging, decorative drapery, mid-15c., of uncertain origin, probably from Anglo-French *valaunce, valence, from valer "go down, let down," variant of Old French avaler "descend, go down;" or possibly from the plural of Old French avalant, from present participle of avaler "go down." The notion is of something "hanging down." Not now considered to be from the name of Valence in southwestern France, which is from the Roman personal name Valentius. Related: Valenced.
- 1. Something dropped on the floor and rolled beneath the valance of the bed.
- 2. The handle of the telltale teaspoon was visible under the bed - valance.
- 3. The iron rod supports the valance is bent in an arc.
- 4. The ring has been rolled beneath the valance of the bed.
- 5. He stooped and lifted the valance.
[ valance 造句 ]