- vt. 炫耀；飘扬
- vi. 飘扬；夸耀
- n. 炫耀；飘扬；招展
TEM8 IELTS GRE
1. 飞姑姑 —— 把fl‐ 想成“飞”，I can fly. 在天上飞.
- flaunt (v.)
- 1560s, "to display oneself in flashy clothes," of unknown origin. Perhaps a variant of flout or vaunt. Perhaps from Scandinavian, where the nearest form seems to be Swedish dialectal flankt "loosely, flutteringly," from flakka "to waver" (related to flag (v.1)). It looks French, but it corresponds to no known French word. Transitive sense, "flourish (something), show off, make an ostentatious or brazen display of" is from 1827. Related: Flaunted; flaunting; Flauntingly.
- flaunt (n.)
- 1620s, "act or habit of flaunting," from flaunt (v.).
- 1. One secret he learned very early on was not to flaunt his success.
- 2. Flaunt your age and you must not have much longer to live.
来自汉英文学 - 围城
- 3. He flaunts his queer style as a savage might flaunt a top - hat retrieved from somebody's dustbin.
- 4. Abstract: Luxury consumption is always connected with motivation of flaunt.
- 摘要: 消费的奢侈性通常被认为与炫耀动机有关.
- 5. Why would you flaunt that on a public forum?
[ flaunt 造句 ]