CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
来自拉丁语 thesis,论题，论文，来自希腊语 thesis,提议，假设，来自 PIE*dhe,做，放置，词 源同 do,fact,theme.-esis,状态后缀。引申诸相关词义。
- thesis:  Greek thésis meant literally a ‘placing’ or ‘laying down’ (it was derived from the verb tithénai ‘put, place’, which also gave English apothecary). It evolved metaphorically to ‘proposition’, and passed in this sense via late Latin thesis into English.
=> apothecary, bodega, boutique
- thesis (n.)
- late 14c., "unaccented syllable or note," from Latin thesis "unaccented syllable in poetry," later (and more correctly) "stressed part of a metrical foot," from Greek thesis "a proposition," also "downbeat" (in music), originally "a setting down, a placing, an arranging; position, situation," from root of tithenai "to place, put, set," from PIE root *dhe- "to set, to put" (see factitious). Sense in logic of "a formulation in advance of a proposition to be proved" is first recorded 1570s; that of "dissertation presented by a candidate for a university degree" is from 1650s.
- 1. This thesis led to a radical reshaping of Labour policies.
- 2. This revisionist thesis departs even further from Marxist assertions.
- 3. How well does this thesis stand up to close examination?
- 4. These latest findings support the thesis that sexuality is determined by nature rather than choice.
- 5. To be specific , the argument in your graduation thesis is logical.
- 具体地说, 你的毕业论文符合逻辑.
[ thesis 造句 ]