con-, 强调。-fect, 做，准备，词源同fact, effect.即精心做出来的，精心准备的。
- confection (n.)
- mid-14c., confescioun, from Old French confeccion (12c., Modern French confection) "drawing up (of a treaty, etc.); article, product," in pharmacology, "mixture, compound," from Late Latin confectionem (nominative confectio) "a confection," in classical Latin, "a making, preparing," noun of action from confect-, past participle stem of conficere "to prepare," from com- "with" (see com-) + facere "to make, do" (see factitious). Originally "the making by means of ingredients," sense of "candy or light pastry" predominated from 16c.
- 1. He found himself staring at an extraordinary architectural confection of old and new.
- 2. I have no tooth for confection.
- 3. And, curled about the brim of this confection was the perkiest of green ostrich plumes.
- 而且, 这件绝妙精制品的帽檐周围还装饰着洋洋得意似的驼鸟毛呢.
- 4. Besides music, Viennese coffee and confection are as famous as Parisian's.
- 除了音乐, 维也纳的咖啡甜点和巴黎的可谓是不分上下.
- 5. A confection made from or flavored with the licorice root.
[ confection 造句 ]