- n. 带；缎带；（勋章等的）绶带；带状物；勋表
- vi. 形成带状
- vt. 把…撕成条带；用缎带装饰
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
来自古法语 riban,丝带，来自 ruban 拼写变体，来自荷兰语 ringhband,项链，领结，可能来自 ring,环形，band,带子。引申诸相关词义。
- ribbon (n.)
- early 14c., ribane, from Old French riban "a ribbon," variant of ruban (13c.), of unknown origin, possibly from a Germanic compound whose second element is related to band (n.1); compare Middle Dutch ringhband "necklace." Modern spelling is from mid-16c. Originally a stripe in a material. Custom of colored ribbon loops worn on lapels to declare support for some group perceived as suffering or oppressed began in 1991 with AIDS red ribbons.
- 1. Add a length of ribbon tied in a bow.
- 2. Mrs. Haines stood nearby, holding scissors to cut a ribbon.
- 3. I covered the scroll in sealing wax, and affixed a red ribbon.
- 4. They ceremoniously cut a piece of ribbon, declaring the exhibition open.
- 5. She had tied back her hair with a peach satin ribbon.
[ ribbon 造句 ]