英 ['prɪstiːn; -staɪn]
TEM8 GRE TOEFL
- pristine (adj.)
- 1530s, "pertaining to the earliest period, primitive, ancient," from Middle French pristin or directly from Latin pristinus "former, early, original," from Old Latin pri "before" (see prime (adj.)). Meaning "unspoiled, untouched, pure" is from 1899 (implied in a use of pristinely) but according to OED 2nd ed. print still regarded as ignorant "by many educated speakers."
- 1. Now the house is in pristine condition.
- 2. The car is in pristine condition .
- 3. He wiped his fingers on his pristine handkerchief.
- 4. My gargantuan, pristine machine was good for writing papers and playing solitaire, and that was all.
- 我那庞大的 、 早期的计算机只适合写文章和玩纸牌游戏, 就这些.
- 5. Carrie swallowed this story in all its pristine beauty.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
[ pristine 造句 ]