CET6 TEM4 IELTS 考 研
1. temperament => 气质(展示出来的脾气).
2. disposition => 气质(处理事件的方式).
- temperament (n.)
- late 14c., "proportioned mixture of elements," from Latin temperamentum "proper mixture, a mixing in due proportion," from temperare "to mix" (see temper (v.)). In medieval theory, it meant a combination of qualities (hot, cold, moist, dry) that determined the nature of an organism; thus also "a combination of the four humors (sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic, and melancholic) that made up a person's characteristic disposition." General sense of "habit of mind, natural disposition" is from 1821.
- 1. Her mental capacity and temperament are as remarkable as his.
- 2. Some of the models were given to fits of temperament.
- 3. His only weakness is his temperament.
- 4. She was furtive and vicious by temperament.
- 5. His impulsive temperament regularly got him into difficulties.
[ temperament 造句 ]