- calisthenics (n.)
- 1847 (calisthenic (adj.) is from 1839), formed on model of French callisthenie, from Latinized comb. form of Greek kallos "beauty" (see Callisto) + sthenos "strength" + -ics. Originally, gymnastic exercises suitable for girls and meant to develop the figure and promote graceful movement. The proper Greek, if there was such a word in Greek, would have been *kallistheneia.
- 1. If I keep calisthenics every day will I be in perfect shape?
- 每天坚持跳健美操就可以塑造出完美身材了 吗 ?
- 2. Calisthenics is recommended to relax the muscles before a run.
- 建议在跑步之前做一下''.'健美操'. ''来放松一下肌肉.
- 3. Sit - ups, trunk twists, and other calisthenics are demonstrated the videotape.
- 录像带上演示了坐下 、 起立 、 屈蹲以及其它''.'健美操'. ''练法.
- 4. Wit has truth in it ; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words ( Dorothy Parker )
- 风趣之中有真意,而说俏皮话只是玩弄文字 ( 多萝西帕克 )
- 5. Calisthenics is recommended for general good health.
[ calisthenics 造句 ]