TEM8 IELTS TOEFL
- infirmary (n.)
- mid-15c., "sick bay in a monastery," from Medieval Latin infirmaria "a place for the infirm," from Latin infirmus "weak, frail," (see infirm). The common name for a public hospital in 18c. England.
- 1. Mrs Hardie had been taken to the infirmary in an ambulance.
- 2. My little brother was taken to the infirmary.
- 3. My little sister was taken to the infirmary.
- 4. Robinovitz pushed past the queue jamming the passageway outside the infirmary.
- 5. My mother came down with typhoid fever and spent the entire trip's infirmary.
[ infirmary 造句 ]