CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研
来自词根gen, 生育，词源同generate. 用于科学术语。
- gene (n.)
- 1911, from German Gen, coined 1905 by Danish scientist Wilhelm Ludvig Johannsen (1857-1927), from Greek genea "generation, race," from PIE root *gene- (see genus). De Vries had earlier called them pangenes. Gene pool is attested from 1946.
- 1. He found evidence of mutated forms of the gene.
- 2. It is far too early to make sweeping statements about gene therapy.
- 3. The gene is only part of the causation of illness.
- 4. Now, the gene they discovered today doesn't account for all those cases.
- 5. Gene clerked at the auction.
[ gene 造句 ]