- polyphony (n.)
- 1828, "multiplicity of sounds," from Greek polyphonia "variety of sounds," from polyphonos "having many sounds or voices," from polys "many" (see poly-) + phone "voice, sound," from PIE root *bha- (2) "to speak, tell, say" (see fame (n.)). The meaning "counterpoint" (1864) is perhaps a back-formation from the adjective.
- 1. A Study on the Artistic Style in the Polyphony by Chen Mingzhi.
- 2. He preferred to write variation and polyphony, there can be found much fugue passage none.
- 他偏爱复调变奏手法和赋格段写作, 在他的多部交响乐中都留下了赋格段技法的典范.
- 3. This thesis employs Bakhtin's theory of polyphony to study the polyphonic features of Absalom, Absalom! "
- 本论文以巴赫金的复调理论探讨了《押沙龙, 押沙龙!
[ polyphony 造句 ]