1. literally 'flow of semen'.
gonad, 性腺。-rrh, 流，词源同diarrhea, rheum.
- gonorrhea (n.)
- also gonorrhoea, 1520s, from Late Latin gonorrhoia, from Greek gonos "seed" (see gonad) + rhoe "flow," from rhein "to flow" (see rheum). Mucus discharge was mistaken for semen. In early records often Gomoria, etc., from folk etymology association with biblical Gomorrah. Related: Gonorrheal; gonorrhoeal.
- 1. Gonorrhea and other Bacterial infections involving the prostate are treated with antibiotics.
- 2. Cultures for group B streptococcus, gonorrhea and chlamydia are obtained.
- 也可取阴道分泌物做B族链球菌, 淋病,衣原体培养.
- 3. No cases were all infected with gonorrhea, chlamydia and mycoplasma.
- 但同时感染淋球菌 、 衣原体和支原体者.
- 4. Two common sexually transmitted infections are chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- 5. CONCLUSION Penicillin and Tetracycline are not appropriate for gonorrhea.
[ gonorrhea 造句 ]