来自拉丁语 Tartarus,古希腊神话中的地狱，阴间，来自希腊语 Tartaros,地狱。
- Tartarus (n.)
- in Homer and older Greek mythology, the sunless abyss below Hades, from Greek Tartaros, of uncertain origin; "prob. a word of imitative origin, suggestive of something frightful" [Klein]. Later in Greek almost synonymous with Hades.
- 1. Tartarus was a place of torment where wicked souls were condemned to go.
- 2. Zeus: I banish you to the darkest pits of Tartarus!
- 宙斯: 我要让你们在冥界暗无天日的深渊消亡.
- 3. Zeus: I vanish you to the darkest pits of Tartarus!
- 宙斯: 我要让你在冥界暗无天日的深渊消亡!
- 4. The Walls of Tartarus would not hold Atlas and they would not hold me, either!
- 冥府之墙根本束缚不住阿特拉斯, 同样也不可能束缚得住我!
[ Tartarus 造句 ]