barm, 发酵，泡沫，词源同brew, 酿造。指充满泡沫的，口吐白沫的，发疯的。
- barmy (adj.)
- 1530s, "frothing, covered with barm;" see barm + -y (2). Figurative sense of "excited, flighty, bubbling with excitement" is from c. 1600. Meaning "foolish" (1892) is probably an alteration of balmy.
- 1. This policy is absolutely barmy.
- 2. Bill used to say I was barmy, and that would really get to me.
- 3. The winds of Pandemonium'll a body barmy if he stays too long.
- 4. The kid must be barmy on the crumpet; he's brought us soy sauce for wine.
- 这孩子脑子一定不正常, 他把酱油当成酒拿给了我们.
[ barmy 造句 ]