- adj. 过度紧张的；过度兴奋的；过分劳累的；（文体等）过于考究的
- v. 工作过度；把…做过头；使过于激动（overwork的过去式和过去分词）
1. over- "beyond, above normal" + work.
- overwrought (adj.)
- "worked up to too high a pitch," 1825, literally "over-worked," from over- + wrought. Earlier it meant "exhausted by work" (1660s) as a literal past participle of overwork.
- 1. She was in a very overwrought state after the accident.
- 2. One overwrought member had to be restrained by friends.
- 3. Scarlett found that it relieved her overwrought nerves.
- 4. She was tired and overwrought.
- 5. Although people were overwrought, they could not help noticing these beauties of nature.
- 虽然这时候众人都怀着紧张的心情无心注意到景色上面,然而园里的一花一草,一木一石,都 显然 地立在那里,逃不过众人的眼睛.
来自汉英文学 - 家（1-26） - 家（1-26）
[ overwrought 造句 ]