CET4 TEM4 IELTS TOEFL CET6
- refrigerator (n.)
- 1610s, "something that cools," agent noun from refrigerate. As "cabinet for keeping food cool," 1824, originally in the brewery trade, in place of earlier refrigeratory (c. 1600). The electric-powered household device was available from c. 1918.
- 1. He went to the refrigerator and removed a bottle of wine.
- 2. Wade walked quickly to the refrigerator and pulled out another beer.
- 3. Marianne went to rummage in the refrigerator.
- 4. This dessert can be served straight from the refrigerator.
- 5. He took the liberty of using my refrigerator while I was away.
[ refrigerator 造句 ]