英 [hɒ'spɪtəb(ə)l; 'hɒspɪt-]
TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
- hospitable (adj.)
- 1560s, from Middle French hospitable, from Latin hospitari "be a guest," from hospes (genitive hospitis) "guest" (see host (n.1)). Related: Hospitably.
- 1. Even in summer this place did not look exactly hospitable.
- 2. The local people are very hospitable to strangers.
- 3. Her neighbours spoke of her as kindly and hospitable.
- 4. They are very hospitable.
- 5. The man is very hospitable; he keeps open house for his friends and fellow - workers.
- 那人十分好客,无论是他的朋友还是同事, 他都盛情接待.
[ hospitable 造句 ]