- adj. 纯净化的；理想化的；高尚的
- vt. 使升华；使高尚
- vi. 升华；纯化
- n. 升华物
sub-,在下，向上，-lim,门槛，界限，词源同 limit.引申比喻义接近完美的界限，升华，使高 尚。
- sublimate (v.)
- 1590s, "raise to a high place," back-formation from sublimation or else from Medieval Latin sublimatus, past participle of sublimare "to lift up." The word was used in English from 1560s as a past participle adjective meaning "purified, refined by sublimation." Chemical/alchemical sense of "heat a solid into vapor and allow it to cool again" as a way of extracting a pure substance from dross is from c. 1600. Related: Sublimated; sublimating. As a noun from 1620s.
- 1. He could try to sublimate the problem by writing, in detail, about it.
- 2. Her sublimate future husband will be tall, dark, and handsome.
- 3. We have to somehow sublimate those male hormones, or at least get them under control. "
- 我们需要以某种方式使这种荷尔蒙升华或者至少把它们控制起来. ”
来自英汉文学 - 廊桥遗梦
- 4. A special method was used to sublimate the material.
- 5. Design, let the sense of vision dulcify, let the brand sublimate!
- 设计, 让视觉愉悦, 让品牌升华!
[ sublimate 造句 ]