1、im- "not, opposite of" + per- "through" + turb- + -able.
2、字面含义：that cannot be disturbed.
- imperturbable (adj.)
- c. 1500, from Middle French imperturbable and directly from Late Latin imperturbabilis "that cannot be disturbed" (Augustine), from assimilated form of in- "not, opposite of" (see in- (1)) + *perturbabilis, from Latin perturbare "to confuse, disturb" (see perturb). Related: Imperturbably; imperturbability.
- 1. Thomas, of course, was cool and aloof and imperturbable.
- 2. Wu Sun - fu listened attentively, while his eyes scanned Tu Weiyueh's imperturbable face.
- 吴荪甫很注意地听着, 眼光在屠维岳那冷静的脸上打圈子.
- 3. Edward was a model of good temper and his equanimity imperturbable.
- 4. The Doctor's indignation was wholly lost on his imperturbable rival.
- 5. His imperturbable face has been as inexpressive as his rusty clothes.
[ imperturbable 造句 ]