CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- instruct:  The -struct of instruct occurs also in construction, destruction, structure, etc. It comes from the past participle of Latin struere ‘build’. In the case of instruct, combination with the prefix in- produced instruere ‘build, prepare, equip, teach’, whose past participle stem instruct- formed the basis of the English verb.
=> construct, destroy, instrument, structure
- instruct (v.)
- early 15c., from Latin instructus, past participle of instruere "arrange, inform, teach," literally "to build, erect," from in- "on" (see in- (2)) + struere "to pile, build" (see structure (n.)). Related: Instructed; instructing.
- 1. We should instruct the passengers what customs regulations are.
- 2. Compare tell, order, instruct , direct, command.
- 试比较tell 、 order、instruct 、 direct 、 command这五个词.
- 3. Instruct means giving practicalinformation or knowledge, especially to groups of trainees ( eg soldiers or nurses )
- instruct指传授实践知识, 特别是针对集体受训者 ( 如士兵或护士 )
- 4. You can instruct your bank to allow a third party to remove money from your account.
- 5. She came on every ride herself, the better to instruct her eager pupils.
[ instruct 造句 ]