- hangman (n.)
- public executioner, mid-14c. (mid-13c. as a surname), from hang (v.) + man (n.). As the name of a spelling game, by 1951. Hangestere "female executioner" is found mid-15c.
- 1. He's facing the hangman's noose , ie waiting to be hanged.
- 2. A hangman's noose had already been placed around his neck.
- 3. The prisoner, his hands tied behind his back, was brought to the scene by the hangman.
- 刽子手把犯人带到了刑场, 他的双手绑在背后.
- 4. It was real; he was leaving there; he was free; he had cheated the hangman.
- 这是真的; 他要离开那里了; 他现在自由了; 他已经死里逃生.
- 5. Play hangman with your spelling words with a friend.
[ hangman 造句 ]