1. stick => stig- "prick, pierce".
2. stick => instigate.
- instigate: see stick
- instigate (v.)
- 1540s, back-formation from instigation or else from Latin instigatus, past participle of instigare "to urge on, incite" (see instigation). Related: Instigated; instigates; instigating.
- 1. It would not prove worthwhile to instigate a nuclear attack.
- 2. His object was to instigate a little rebellion on the part of the bishop.
- 3. Possibly is receives the media to instigate only then such the extreme.
- 4. The congress set up a special department to instigate the thing!
- 5. A few days later, scar and lure simba into a valley, then instigate hyenas JiaoMa pursuits.
- 几天以后, 刀疤又引诱辛巴到了一个山谷, 然后指使土狼们追击角马.
[ instigate 造句 ]