- n. 收容所；旅客招待所；救济院
- n. (Hospice)人名；(法)奥斯皮斯
- hospice (n.)
- 1818, "rest house for travelers," from French hospice (13c.), from Latin hospitium "guest house, hospitality," from hospes (genitive hospitis) "guest, host" (see host (n.1)). Sense of "home for the aged and terminally ill " is from 1893; hospice movement first attested 1979.
- 1. He died in March at St Julia's Hospice.
- 2. My definition of a good hospice is one where some of the patients start feeling too good to die.
- 3. They have started a hospice for terminal patients.
- 4. What's a hospice nurse from Manhattan doing at a high school homecoming in Texas?
- 曼哈顿的临终关怀护士到德克萨斯州的一所高中返校节来干 什么 ?
- 5. And with one long last look, I turned left the hospice.
- 最后久久地凝视了她一眼, 我转身离开了收容所.
[ hospice 造句 ]