TEM8 IELTS GRE
- obsess (v.)
- c. 1500, "to besiege," from Latin obsessus, past participle of obsidere "watch closely; besiege, occupy; stay, remain, abide" literally "sit opposite to," from ob "against" (see ob-) + sedere "sit" (see sedentary). Of evil spirits, "to haunt," from 1530s. Psychological sense is 20c. Related: Obsessed; obsessing.
- 1. I must admit that maps obsess me.
- 2. Do you find that you obsess much about things?
- 你发现你着迷于某些事情 吗 ?
- 3. People who obsess about clothes also obsess about shoes, particularly men.
- 痴迷于服装的人也痴迷于鞋, 尤以男人为甚.
- 4. If people obsess over your bad points, discipline can become fear.
- 如果人们为你带来的坏处而操心, 克制可能变成恐慌.
- 5. This is why those cemeteries all over Europe, which obsess some among us, are hideous.
[ obsess 造句 ]