- vi. 利用；欺骗；施加影响
- vt. 强加；征税；以…欺骗
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. im- "into, in, on, upon" + pos- + -e.
2. 字面含义：put upon, place upon, a laying on.
3. => the levying of taxes, a tax, duty.
4. => the act of putting (something) on (something else).
6. put something bad like deception on sb.
- impose (v.)
- late 14c., "to lay (a crime, etc.) to the account of," from Old French imposer "put, place; impute, charge, accuse" (c. 1300), from assimilated form of in- "into, in" (see in- (2)) + poser "put, place" (see pose (v.1)). Sense of "to lay on as a burden" first recorded 1580s. Related: Imposed; imposing.
- 1. I didn't want to impose myself on my married friends.
- 2. The law should impose penalties on companies that use energy wastefully.
- 3. The House voted to impose a one-year moratorium on nuclear testing.
- 4. The courts were empowered to impose the death sentence for certain crimes.
- 5. to impose a penalty
[ impose 造句 ]