- vt. 分散；使散开；传播
- vi. 分散
- adj. 分散的
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、dis- "apart, in every direction" + spers- + -e.
dis-, 分开，散开。-sper, 散开，词源同spread, sparse.
- disperse (v.)
- late 14c., from Latin dispersus, past participle of dispergere "to scatter," from dis- "apart, in every direction" (see dis-) + spargere "to scatter" (see sparse). The Latin word is glossed in Old English by tostregdan. Related: Dispersed; dispersing.
- 1. Police fired shots and used teargas to disperse the demonstrators.
- 2. Seven people were wounded when soldiers fired rubber bullets to disperse crowds.
- 3. Police moved in to disperse the crowd.
- 4. Police used tear gas to disperse the demonstrators.
- 5. The fog began to disperse.
[ disperse 造句 ]