- n. 照明；[光] 照度；启发；灯饰（需用复数）；阐明
1. il- "in, into" + lumin- + -ation.
2. => throw into light, make bright, light up.
3. => action of lighting, spiritual enlightenment.
- illumination (n.)
- late 14c., "spiritual enlightenment," from Latin illuminationem (nominative illuminatio), from past participle stem of illuminare "to throw into light, make bright, light up;" figuratively "to set off, illustrate," from assimilated form of in- "in, into" (see in- (2)) + lumen (genitive luminis) "light," related to lucere "to shine" (see light (n.)). Meaning "action of lighting" is from 1560s.
- 1. Direct illumination is harsh and unflattering.
- 2. The only illumination in the room came from the fire.
- 3. Daylight came in through its glass roof; this was now the only illumination.
- 日光透过玻璃屋顶照入; 眼下这是室内惟一的照明.
- 4. The four stages of creative thought are preparation, incubation, illumination, and verification.
- 创造性思考的四个阶段是准备 、 沉思 、 启迪 、 求证.
- 5. The skylight will provide good illumination from above.
[ illumination 造句 ]