- wright: see work
- wright (n.)
- Old English wryhta, wrihta (Northumbrian wyrchta, Kentish werhta) "worker," variant of earlier wyhrta, from wyrcan "to work" (see work (v.)). Now usually in combinations (wheelwright, playwright, etc.) or as a surname. Common West Germanic; cognate with Old Saxon wurhito, Old Frisian wrichta, Old High German wurhto.
- 1. Against which country did Ian Wright score his first international goal?
- 2. A transfer fee is agreed between Chelsea and Manchester City for Wright - Phillips.
- 3. Wright - Phillips arrives at Stamford Bridge to complete negotiations and undergo his medical.
- 4. Wright managed a shot but it grazed the near post and rolled harmlessly across the goal.
- 5. Wright and Penn met when they co-starred in the movie "State of Grace".
[ wright 造句 ]