- n. 抵消，补偿；平版印刷；支管
- vt. 抵消；弥补；用平版印刷术印刷
- vi. 装支管
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研
- offset (n.)
- 1550s, "act of setting off" (on a journey, etc.), from off + set (adj.). Meaning "something 'set off' against something else, a counterbalance" is from 1769; the verb in this sense is from 1792. As a type of printing, in which the inked impression is first made on a rubber roller then transferred to paper, it is recorded from 1906.
- 1. The decline in marriage has been offset by a rise in cohabitation.
- 2. Prices have risen in order to offset the increased cost of materials.
- 3. The slowdown in domestic demand was offset by an increase in exports.
- 4. Their wage increases would be offset by higher prices.
- 5. They jump their prices to offset heavy expenditures.
[ offset 造句 ]