1. in- "not, opposite of, without" + demn- "damage" + -ify.
2. => unhurt, undamaged, security for damage.
3. => compensate for loss or expense.
- indemnify (v.)
- "compensate for loss or expense," 1610s, from Latin indemnis "unhurt" (see indemnity) + -fy. Related: Indemnified; indemnifying.
- 1. It doesn't have the money to indemnify everybody.
- 2. He promised to indemnify me for my losses.
- 3. They agreed to indemnify the taxpayers against any loss.
- 4. I undertook to indemnify them for expenses incurred on my behalf.
- 5. Everyone should learn to indemnify oneself against harm.
[ indemnify 造句 ]