- irresponsible (adj.)
- 1640s, "not legally answerable for conduct or actions," from assimilated form of in- (1) "not, opposite of" + responsible. Meaning "not acting with a sense of responsibility" is from 1680s. Related: Irresponsibly.
- 1. She described his remarks as irresponsible, inflammatory and outrageous.
- 2. Many people have an irresponsible attitude towards marriage and relationships.
- 3. Thick patchy fog and irresponsible driving were to blame.
- 4. Green-field was behaving like an irresponsible idiot.
- 5. I was made to feel guilty and irresponsible.
[ irresponsible 造句 ]