- vt. 漱；冲洗掉；漂净
- n. 冲洗；漂洗；[轻] 染发剂；染发
- vi. 冲洗掉；漂净
CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE TOEFL CET6
来自中古英语 rinsen,冲洗，来自古法语 rinser,冲洗，来自 Proto-Germanic*hrainisona,清洁， 净化，来自 PIE*krei,ker,分开，筛选，词源同 riddle,crisis.
- rinse (v.)
- c. 1300 "subject to light washing; wash with water only" (mid-13c. in surname Rinsfet), from Old French reincier (transitive) "to wash, cleanse" (12c., Modern French rincer), probably dissimilated from recincier, from Vulgar Latin *recentiare "to make fresh, to wash, cleanse with water," from Late Latin recentare "to make fresh," from Latin recens "new, fresh" (see recent). OED says similarity in form and sense with Old Norse hreinsa is "prob[ably] accidental." Meaning "wash a second time to remove remaining impurities, soap, etc." is from 1520s. Related: Rinsed; rinsing.
- rinse (n.)
- 1837, from rinse (v.). As a hair treatment, by 1928.
- 1. After shampooing, always rinse the hair several times in clear water.
- 2. You should rinse your mouth out after eating.
- 3. Rinse and slice the cour-gettes crosswise.
- 4. The red rinse had grown out completely.
- 5. Drain and rinse the pasta.
[ rinse 造句 ]