CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
- procedure (n.)
- 1610s, "fact or manner of proceeding," from French procédure "manner of proceeding" (c. 1200), from Old French proceder "to proceed" (see proceed). Meaning "method of conducting business in Parliament" is from 1839.
- 1. British Parliamentary procedure is perplexing at the best of times.
- 2. Doug stood still while I ran through the handover procedure.
- 3. Social security law and procedure remain a jungle of complex rules.
- 4. Mr Smith was obstructive and refused to follow correct procedure.
- 5. There is a small risk of brain damage from the procedure.
[ procedure 造句 ]