1. tan => tawny.
来自古法语 taune,皮革色，棕黄色，来自拉丁语 tannare,制革，浸染，词源同 tan.
- tawny: see tan
- tawny (adj.)
- "tan-colored," late 14c., from Anglo-French tauné "of or like the brownish-yellow of tanned leather," from Old French tanét "dark brown, tan" (12c., Modern French tanné), past participle of taner "to tan hides," from Medieval Latin tannare (see tan (v.)).Related: Tawniness.
- 1. She had tawny hair.
- 2. the lion's tawny mane
- 3. Her black hair springs in fine strands across her tawny, ruddy cheek.
- 4. On one - year - old tawny sticks, with oval - shaped Pikong, especially near the petiole more.
- 一年生枝浅黄褐色, 具椭圆形皮孔, 尤以叶柄附近为多.
- 5. Pale rose . Light tawny colour which some red wines acquire on oxidation.
[ tawny 造句 ]