- n. 小村庄（等于thorpe）
- n. (Thorp)人名；(瑞典)托尔普；(英)索普
来自古英语 thorp,村庄，来自 Proto-Germanic*thurpa,村庄，来自 PIE*treb,居住，聚居，词源 同 troop,trave.
- thorp (n.)
- Old English ðorp "village, hamlet, farm, estate," reinforced by Old Norse ðorp, both from Proto-Germanic *thurpa- (cognates: Old Frisian thorp, Frisian terp, Middle Dutch, Dutch dorp, German dorf "village," Gothic þaurp "estate, land, field"), probably from PIE root *treb- "dwelling" (see tavern). Preserved in place names ending in -thorp, -thrup.
- 1. Lan Thorp is a talent in swimming, isn't he?
- 伊安?索普是个游泳天才, 不是 吗 ?
- 2. Thorp had to contend against the world's best runners in the Olympic Games.
- 3. Thorp fills up at a hydrogen station on the campus of the University at Irvine.
[ thorp 造句 ]