- adj. 差的；自卑的；下级的，下等的
- n. 下级；次品
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- inferior: see under
- inferior (adj.)
- early 15c., of land, "low, lower," from Latin inferior "lower, further down" (also used figuratively), comparative of inferus (adj.) "that is below or beneath," from infra "below" (see infra-). Meaning "lower in degree, rank, or importance" is from 1530s; also in an absolute sense, "of low quality or rank."
- inferior (n.)
- "person inferior to another in rank, etc.," early 15c., from inferior (adj.).
- 1. He preferred the company of those who were intellectually inferior to himself.
- 2. Joseph made sure that he was never palmed off with inferior stuff.
- 3. Most career women make me feel inferior.
- 4. to make sb feel inferior
- 5. I grudge paying so much for such inferior goods.
[ inferior 造句 ]