该词大写为意大利海滨度假胜地 Riviera,来自意大利语 riviera,河岸，海滨，词源同 river.
- Riviera (n.)
- Mediterranean seacoast around Genoa, 1630s, from Italian riviera, literally "bank, shore" (see river). In extended use, the coast from Marseilles to La Spezia, which became popular 19c. as a winter resort. Thence adopted (sometimes ironically) in reference to areas of other countries, as in American Riviera (Florida, 1887); English Riviera (Devonshire coast, 1882).
- 1. The taxi drew up in front of the Riviera Club.
- 2. She is sampling gastronomic delights along the Riviera.
- 3. Violent storms wreaked havoc on the French Riviera, leaving three people dead and dozens injured.
- 4. She was believed to have died in near poverty on the French Riviera.
- 5. Cinque Terre, Riviera is a very popular tourist city in Italy.
[ Riviera 造句 ]