来自中古英语 screde,碎片，碎布，词源同 shred,切碎，切条。引申词义冗长的文章，长篇大 论。比较歇后语“王婆的裹脚布----又臭又长”。
- screed (n.)
- early 14c., "fragment," also "strip of cloth," from northern England dialectal variant of Old English screade (see shred (n.)). Meaning "lengthy speech" is first recorded 1789, from notion of reading from a long list.
- 1. The screed tired the audience.
- 2. Screed concrete without a wet screed crew, and screed it more precisely!
- 熨平不湿混凝土找平船员, 和熨平板更精确!
- 3. Screed was ultimately killed by Warlord Zsinj during his rise to power.
- 4. Though Screed was not initially impressed with such brutish methods, he kept an open mind.
- 斯克里德虽然一开始对这种野蛮的做法不以为然, 但也并不介意.
- 5. The pro - whaling screed was approved by a much thinner margin : 33 votes to 32.
- 上一次关于捕鲸的冗长决议是以33票对32票的微弱 差数 通过的.
[ screed 造句 ]