- vt. 赞美；称赞
- n. 赞美；称赞；颂歌
- n. (Laud)人名；(英、瑞典)劳德
- laud (v.)
- late 14c., from Old French lauder "praise, extol," from Latin laudare "to praise, commend, honor, extol, eulogize," from laus (genitive laudis) "praise, fame glory." Probably cognate with Old English leoð "song, poem, hymn," from Proto-Germanic *leuthan (cognates: Old Norse ljoð "strophe," German Lied "song," Gothic liuþon "to praise"), and from an echoic PIE root *leu-. Related: Lauded; lauding.
- 1. Kathy was very pleased to have graduated cum laud in her class.
- 2. Have to laud you once!
- 3. Queen's imperial concubine saw, also laud her.
- 王后妃嫔见了, 也赞美她.
- 4. Laud an organization for its environmental consciousness.
- 5. I laud the people of Lijang.
[ laud 造句 ]