英 [bruː'net; brʊ-]
1. diminutive of brun "brown"。
2. brown => brunette.
brun, 棕褐色，同brown. -ette, 小词后缀。
- brunette: see brown
- brunette (adj.)
- 1660s, from French brunette (masc. brunet), from Old French brunet "brownish, brown-haired, dark-complexioned," fem. diminutive of brun "brown" (12c.), of West Germanic origin (see brown (adj.)). As a noun, "woman of a dark complexion," from 1710. The metathesized form, Old French burnete, is the source of the surname Burnett. Burnete also was used of a wool-dyed cloth of superior quality, originally dark brown.
- 1. She was a statuesque brunette.
- 2. Was she blonde or brunette?
- 3. She stared at the brunette.
- 4. Cynthia was brunette, her figure full, though not excessively.
- 辛西娅的皮肤和头发都是浅黑色的, 身材丰满, 但并不过分.
- 5. The next victims will be a redhead and a brunette.
[ brunette 造句 ]