CET6 TEM8 IELTS TOEFL
- luminous: see light
- luminous (adj.)
- early 15c., "full of light," from Latin luminosus "shining, full of light," from lumen (genitive luminis) "light," related to lucere "to shine" (see light (n.)). Related: Luminously.
- 1. He fixed me with those luminous, empty eyes and his melancholy smile.
- 2. The desert was luminous, starkly beautiful.
- 3. an alarm clock with a luminous dial
- 4. luminous hands on a clock
- 5. There are luminous knobs on all the doors in my house.
[ luminous 造句 ]